Coconut Curry Noodle Soup
Course: Noodle Soup
Servings: 3 bowls
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breast or thighs (225g, sliced) or 8oz firm tofu, pressed
- 4 cups chicken broth (950 ml) or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water (235 ml)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Peaches + Scream Hot Sauce
- 2/3 cup coconut milk (160 ml)
- 6 oz. dried rice vermicelli noodles (170g) here are my favorite gluten free rice noodles
- Garnish: lime wedges, sliced red onion, red chilis, cilantro, scallions (to garnish)
In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 5 minutes, until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook for a couple minutes, just until the chicken turns opaque.
Add the broth, water, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly (add salt if needed, or if it's too salty, add a bit of water). Add the Peaches + Scream once it’s done cooking.
For the noodles:
Boil them for 4 minutes, drain, and rinse with cold water.