Ingredients for Nachos
- 2 cups Texas Red Chili
- 1 bag of Siete Grain Freen Chips
- 1 cup Cashew Queso
- 1 Avocado
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- Any Merfs flavor you want
Texas Red Chili Recipe:
- 5# ground meat
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 hatch chili finely chopped
- One bottle of Chipotle Joe
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15o can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 16oz beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Brown meat in large Dutch oven. Remove and strain.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat.
- Sauté onions, garlic, and peppers until soft.
- Add meat back into pot.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Turn down to simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with grated cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, avocado, or anything else your heart desires!
Cashew Queso (Created by Detoxinista)
- 1 cup raw cashews , soaked for up to 4 hours and drained
- 1/4 cup water (plus more, if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- ¾ jar of Lyndy’s Green Chili
- In a high-speed blender, or food processor, combine the cashews, water, salt, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and the liquid from the can of diced tomatoes and green chiles. (I was able to get about 1/4 cup of liquid from the can.)
- Blend until a smooth and creamy "cheese" sauce is created, adding a tablespoon or two more water, if needed for blending. Transfer the cheese mixture to a large bowl, then stir in the can of diced tomatoes and green chiles.
- At this point, be sure to adjust any flavors to your taste, then warm the dip using a small crock pot, or by heating it gently over a stove top. As the dip is warmed, it becomes even more authentic. Serve with baked tortilla chips and fresh sliced veggies.