Chicken Tamale Pie with Hand Grenade Sriracha
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup Hand Grenade Sriracha
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (canned, fresh, or frozen)
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- Kosher salt
- 2 cup cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack
- Freshly chopped cilantro and sour cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9" ovenproof skillet with coconut oil. In a medium bowl, whisk together corn muffin mix, sour cream, egg, corn, and melted butter. Pour into prepared skillet and bake until golden, 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add taco seasoning and season with salt. Add chicken and ¼ cup enchilada sauce and ¼ cup Merfs Hand Grenade Sriracha and stir until combined.
Poke holes all over cornbread with the bottom of a wooden spoon. Pour remaining ¼ cup enchilada sauce over poked holes and top with chicken mixture.
Top with both cheeses and bake 20 minutes more.
Garnish with cilantro and sour cream before serving.