Fried Cheese Curds with a Pineapple Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- 2 quarts corn or vegetable oil for frying
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup beer (Voodoo Ranger IPA is my fav!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 pounds cheese curds, broken apart
- Dipping sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3 tbs Hand Grenade Sriracha
- Heat corn oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In small bowl, mix together lemon juice, mayo, sour cream, and Hand Grenade sriracha. Set in the fridge to chill until the Cheese Curds are ready to serve.
- Whisk together milk, flour, beer, salt, and eggs to form a smooth, rather thin batter. Place cheese curds, about 6 or 8 at a time, into the batter, stir to coat, and remove with wire strainer. Shake the curds a time or two to remove excess batter. Deep fry the curds until golden brown, 1 or 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels; serve hot and with Hand Grenade dipping sauce.