Oven Baked Ribs with a Coffee Cherry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs
- Salt and black pepper
- Chipotle Joe BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 oz Chipotle Joe hot sauce
- 1 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If the ribs still have the thin membrane covering the back of the rack, remove it.
- Season both sides of the ribs with a generous amount of salt and pepper then place, meat-side up, into a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half in order for them to fit into the pan).
- Cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil, and then bake until the meat falls easily from the bones, 3 to 4 hours.
- While the ribs bake, make the barbecue sauce. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, Chipotle Joe hot sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, season with salt then cook for 2 minutes. Set aside in preparation for the ribs to finish roasting.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil and generously brush both sides with barbecue sauce.
- Finished in the broiler, on high, for 5-10 minutes to caramelize the BBQ sauce.