New Orleans BBQ Shrimp is a classic made popular by Chef Emeril Lagasse. It's a dish I grew up eating at home, and one that will always have my heart.
Cooyon SuperHOT Hot Sauce is delicious on seafood, and it's a delicious addition to this New Orleans favorite. Since this hot sauce is incredibly spicy, adding it to a butter sauce for shrimp is a great way to tame it!
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Cooyon SUPERHOT
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 pounds medium to large fresh shrimp, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT shrimp in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Taste mixture and add a little salt if needed.
Place shrimp in a 9X13-inch baking dish.
Pour butter mixture over shrimp.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, stirring once.
Serve with French bread to mop up the liquid.